Barley is nutritious grain that can be introduced to babies from 6 months as it is easy to digest.
Barley – 1/4 cup
- Take 1/4 cup of barley and wash it thoroughly.
- Dry it under the shade until completely dry.
- Dry roast on low flame until crispy.
- Allow it to cool down completely before grinding in a mixer jar.
- Sieve to make a fine powder.
- Store it in a sterilised, dry, airtight jar.
- Give this powder occasionally as barley has excess fibre. Best to give when baby is sick.
- Avoid giving during winters or when baby has a cold.
- This powder can be stored for up to 1 month.
- Always check with your paediatrician before introducing new food.