Phool makhana or fox nut is a versatile food for babies. It is an excellent source of protein and is easily digestible. You can use this while travelling or as an evening snack time porridge or even make kheer from it.
- Phool makhana/Fox nuts – 1 cup
- Cashews (optional)- 5
- Cardamom- 1
- Cut every makhana into half to check for worms.
- Dry roast them until they turn crispy.
- Remove from pan and keep aside to cool.
- Dry roast cashews for 30 seconds. Keep aside to cool.
- Once completely cooled, grind them into a smooth, fine powder.
- Cool it and store in a sterilised, dry, airtight container.
- You can replace cashews with any other nuts of your choice. Make sure your child is not allergic to nuts.
- It can be stored for up to 2 months.
- Always check with your paediatrician before introducing any new food.