This is a popular first food in Kerala, India. It is easily digestible and doesn’t cause any allergies or cold like regular bananas.
It is excellent for boosting the immune system.
Raw banana powder promotes healthy brain function in children.
It is rich in Potassium.
You can use this powder for 3 recipes.
Make a porridge, milkshake or a warm halwa.
Raw nendran Banana/Plaintain
- Take a big raw banana and trim both the edges. Slit the rims and peel off the skin.
- Slice them as thin as possible.
- Transfer on a tray and sun dry them for 2-3 days.
- Once they are nicely sun dried, blend it to a smooth powder.
- Sieve the powder thoroughly.
- Cool it completely and store in a sterilised, dried airtight container.
- Pick the unripe plantains/nendran bananas.
- Make sure to cook the bananas for at least 10 minutes before giving it to your baby.
- Sieve it thoroughly as seeds are not properly digested by babies.
- For babies below one year use water to make porridge, for one year and older, milk can be used.
- Always check with your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Leave a Reply